activemq-users mailing list archives

From avin98 <avi...@yahoo.com>
Subject ActiveMQ memory utilization
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 01:23:48 GMT

It looks as though every message posted onto the Queue actually makes
ActiveMQ slower. As the number of unconsumed messages in my queue increases
(say: 5 messages) causes a huge impact in terms of performance.

I set the delivery mode to be Non Persistent
sender.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT);

And I set a timeToLive on the message:
sender.setTimeToLive(300000); // 5 minutes

Again this seems to have absolutely no effect on the messages, since they
get retained in the queues forever. Finally the server just crashes.

I use Geronimo 1.1 & JRE 1.5 and use the Active MQ 3.2.4 ( bundled along
with geronimo )

Does anyone have an insight into this problem ?