activemq-users mailing list archives

From spiderman2 <>
Subject Failover Functionality - Master/Slave
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:20:49 GMT

I'm running the JDBC Master/Slave example as defined on Web Docs

Once they're both running (and logs show they're aware of each other), I put
100 messages on the Master's Queue. When I shut the Master down, I would
expect to see these messages appear on the Slave's queue. But I don't.

I'm using Jconsole to see the Total Message count.

I'm running both Brokers on the same machine - so I had to change the
following on the slave's config to avoid conflict with the Master:

TransportConnector default: port to 61617 (Instead of 61616)
TransportConnector stompt: port to 61614 (Instead of 61613)
dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/activemq-data2" instead of data

Lastly, I'm using autodiscover:
<networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>

  <bean id="oracle-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
    <property name="driverClassName"
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@ks063:1521:AMQDB"/>
    <property name="username" value="activemq"/>
    <property name="password" value="activemq"/>
    <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>

What am I doing wrong? Or is this correct functionality?