activemq-users mailing list archives

From spiderman2 <shawn.gan...@bridgewatersystems.com>
Subject High Availability and Network Of Brokers
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:12:03 GMT

Hi,

I'm a New user. I'd like to use activemq for a Network Of Brokers /
Clustered deployment. The catch is that I can't afford to loose a single
message in the event of failure.

In the Network of Brokers topology, I'm reading this isn't possible:

"At any point in time the message will only exist in one broker's store at
once until its consumed. In the future we will support high availability
brokers using a master-slave protocol where we willl replicate a message on
to a number of slave brokers for hot standby if the master broker were to be
unavailable for a certain period of time."
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-distributed-queues-work.html
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-distributed-queues-work.html

Today, is there a way to have High availability with a clustered approach?
Should I just use a Master/Slave instead?

Shawn