activemq-users mailing list archives

From jkurtz <>
Subject Re: Pausing Transmission
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 00:17:31 GMT

The reason that the dispatch needs to be paused on the Server side is for a
Quality of Service Broker to control the message dispatch if the network
traffic gets to be too much.  This is similar to the client Pre-Fetch Limit,
except the messages are measured and controlled on servicer hosting the
Active MQ instance, and not the client.

We want to create a server-side implementation of the prefetch limit.
Instead of using the client acknowledgements to control messaging, we want
to use QoS service parameters on the Server to pause the dispatch.

I can provide more details if you wish.