activemq-users mailing list archives

From Lalit Nagpal <lalitte...@rediffmail.com>
Subject ::cms::Message class and properties
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 08:53:57 GMT

Hi

Just observed the ::cms::Message header file in CMS API - latest trunk code
.... The class gives different overloaded methods to store properties as int
/ float / string / double etc .... it also gives all the getter methods for
retrieving properties for int / float and so on .....

In my code I try to loop into a set of name-value pairs that are passed to
me and now need to be set in as message properties .... depending on data
types I use the appropriate setter methods to set these ... like setInt for
integer property etc ....

Now at the receiving end (after the message has floated to the consumer)
ideally situation should have been that I should know the datatype of the
property that has been set somehow ..... this is not the case .... their is
no way for me to know which property is of what data type ... this puts me
in a fix and I need to apply a dirty patch here ....

Can such a thing be added ..... The getter/setter methods do not solve the
purpose in looping otherwise ...

Regards

Lalit Nagpal
CSA, SunGard