activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Suchitha Koneru \(sukoneru\)" <sukon...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: ActiveMQ memory utilization
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 01:26:25 GMT
Could you please provide code for the active MQ sender and active MQ
receiver

-----Original Message-----
From: avin98 [mailto:avin98@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 5:24 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: ActiveMQ memory utilization

It looks as though every message posted onto the Queue actually makes
ActiveMQ slower. As the number of unconsumed messages in my queue
increases
(say: 5 messages) causes a huge impact in terms of performance.

I set the delivery mode to be Non Persistent
sender.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT);

And I set a timeToLive on the message:
sender.setTimeToLive(300000); // 5 minutes

Again this seems to have absolutely no effect on the messages, since
they get retained in the queues forever. Finally the server just
crashes.

I use Geronimo 1.1 & JRE 1.5 and use the Active MQ 3.2.4 ( bundled along
with geronimo )

Does anyone have an insight into this problem ?