activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Suchitha Koneru \(sukoneru\)" <sukon...@cisco.com>
Subject active mq (size of the internal data structure and expiration of messages)
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:38:17 GMT
Hello Active Mq Users ,
                      I am using Publish/subscribe model for transfer of
messages with durable subscriptions. I suppose that active mq
internally stores messages using queue or a similar data structure.

I was just wondering about the size of this queue maintained internally
by Active MQ. Does it  overflow ? How will we know, what it's capacity
is ?
Any insight in regard to this ?
Also , the messages place in this internal queue  will be  discarded  ,
once they expire ?  What is the time frame , within which they have to
be consumed ? is there a way to determine this?

thanks,
Suchitha