activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Suchitha Koneru \(sukoneru\)" <sukon...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: durable subscriptions
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:23:41 GMT
Thank you so much James.
Which version of active mq support durable subscriptions,
As of now, I am using the following jars , in regard to active mq

activemq-core-4.0.1.jar
backport-util-concurrent-2.1.jar
geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec-1.0.jar
geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.0.jar
incubator-activemq-4.0.2.jar

Please let me know, if I am understanding it correctly.
1) First approach
  Configuring durable subscriptions  on the ActiveMQConnectionFactory
object.
In the conf/context.xml  , I'll add the clientID as follows

<Resource name="jms/ConnectionFactory"
    			auth="Container"

type="org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
    			description="JMS Connection Factory"
            	factory="org.apache.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
            	brokerURL="tcp://localhost:61616"
            	brokerName="LocalActiveMQBroker"
            	clientID = "CMD"
            	/>

2) Second Approach
      The code that creates the Connection can specify the ClientID
before calling start();

 Ictx = new javax.naming.InitialContext();
envContext = (Context)Ictx.lookup("java:comp/env");
//lookup the connection factory
javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory factory =
(javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory)envContext.lookup("jms/ConnectionFacto
ry");
HerbieConnection = factory.createTopicConnection();
HerbieConnection.setClientID("CMD");
HerbieConnection.start();

Thanks,
Suchitha.