activemq-users mailing list archives

From Aleksi Kallio <aleksi.kal...@csc.fi>
Subject FileMessage: we would like to contribute
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:30:43 GMT

There has been discussion regarding FileMessage or something similar: a
message for transferring large amounts of data.

For background, see:

We need something that offers better service than streaming, of course
by building on top of it. That is why we would be interested in this and
ready to contribute our effort into making it happen.

We have to be capable of moving BIG files over JMS, in the order of
couple of gigabytes. Normally they are a lot smaller, but also the big
ones must be handled.

Features/fixes we are looking for are:

1) streaming requires dedicated destination, which makes things complicated
2) resuming transfers
3) easy monitoring of progress

 From core developers we would appreciate feedback on how to proceed
with developing such a feature. From rest of the communinity we would
gladly get feedback on how you would like this to be done and what kind
of API would be the best.

In the spirit of making ActiveMQ even better,

--
Aleksi Kallio, Application Architect, Scientific Software Development
P.O. BOX 405, 02101 Espoo, Finland, Tel +358 9 457 2297