activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nilantha Jayalath" <>
Subject No effect on maximumRedeliveries setting
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:32:56 GMT
I am using Sprin's DefaultMessageListenerContainer to consume messages.
What I noticed was "maximumRedeliveries" setting is not effective for
some reason. It just keeps redelivering messages.

Following is my connectionFactory setting.

According to the ActiveMQ documentation it seems a "Poison ack" is not
being sent back to the broker letting him know that the message was
considered a poison pill.

Am I missing anything here?

      <bean id="connectionFactory"

      <property name="connectionFactory">

            <property name="brokerURL" value="failover:(tcp://.....)" />

            <property name="redeliveryPolicy">

                  <bean class="org.apache.activemq.RedeliveryPolicy">

                        <property name="maximumRedeliveries" value="3"/>

                        <property name="backOffMultiplier" value="2"/>

                        <property name="initialRedeliveryDelay"

                        <property name="useExponentialBackOff"

            <property name="maximumActive" value="8" />

Came across following

Is this still valid for the AMQ 4.1.0 as well? Since I am using Message
Driven POJOs I don't have access to low level message details. Any idea
is highly appreciated.