activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Acknowledgement question.
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:59:38 GMT
On 1/17/07, mers <emerson.farrugia@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble understanding how acknowledgements work in ActiveMQ.

FWIW Acknowledgement is a JMS thing

>  I'll
> try to keep the questions short and to the point.
>

> 1) How does a MessageProducer know the message it sent was received by the
> broker if persistence is enabled?

it internally receieves a receipt from the broker which  unblocks the
send() method

> 2) Does an acknowledgement sent by a MessageConsumer propagate to a
> MessageProducer or just to the broker? Does this depend on whether
> persistence is enabled or disabled?

Just the broker. By definition in MOM, the broker is the level of
indirection between a producer and consumer; each client just deals
with the broker

> 3) Can a MessageProducer know a message it sent was received by a
> MessageConsumer, i.e. have an end-to-end acknowledgement?

No - if you want that the consumer sends a reply to the producer via
the JMSReplyTo

--

James
-------