activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Detecting lost clients
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:06:58 GMT
On 1/16/07, masterov <alexei.masterov@us.icap.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> jlittman wrote:
> >
> > I can set up a MessageListener interested in topic
> > ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection, and I get a message delivered when clients
> > connect and when they disconnect or crash.
> >

> I am trying to do exactly the same thing, but I don't get any notification
> on ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection when the client exits ungracefully (i.e.
> CTRL-C or Crashes).  Did you need to change any configuration in order to
> start receiving those messages?

Just out of interest; are you sure the broker detected the loss of the
client? Depending on your OS and the settings, it might be its taking
the broker a while to detect client loss. e.g. 30 seconds from
pressing CTRL-C.

So I wonder, if you look in JConsole, is the client connection gone
but you didn't receive an advisory?

--

James
-------