activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session.DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:18:46 GMT
On 1/16/07, Paul French <paul.french@frenchiesystems.com> wrote:

> I have read all this before a while back and thought I had covered
> myself........
>
> Let me re-iterate (please correct me if I am wrong)

> On the server side for consuming messages I use the JmsTemplate. I resuse
> the same connection. I suppose my question is the same as above, What is the
> cost of creating a session and consumer on the fly here?

If you care about performance, never use JmsTemplate for consuming
messages. Each time an attempt is made to receive a message a new
connection, session, consumer is created. The broker will then start a
new subscription up, start dispatching messages to it. On receiving
one message, the JmsTemplate will then close down the consumer,
session, connection.

Basically the slowest possible way of consuming messages in JMS is via
JmsTemplate - and the worst place to use this is the server when you
care about performance

--

James
-------