activemq-users mailing list archives

From tony.x.ri...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: Is anyone else seeing messages stuck on a queue?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:10:36 GMT
Hi,

I've noticed the same behavior. Every now and then a message will be
visible through the JMX interface but not accessible to consumers. I'm
using ActiveMQ 4.1.0 for both the broker and clients. We have a single
producer and about 1000 consumers. The consumers use queuePrefetch=1 and
AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE sessions.

Hope this helps,

- Tony

"James Strachan" <james.strachan@gmail.com>
01/17/2007 10:46 AM
Please respond to
activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org

activemq-users@geronimo.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Is anyone else seeing messages stuck on a queue?

Which version are you using? Also what kind of consumer is it
(transactional / sync/async etc)

On 1/17/07, YoungSoul <youngsoul@inbox.com> wrote:

> I see this frequently - and I just can't believe that others are not
either.

> So either, amq is fine and my usage of it is incorrect somehow or there
is
> something fundementally wrong with it.
>
> There does not seem to be a pattern for when a message is stuck.  My
simple,
> simple app posts messages very infrequently.  1 every few seconds.  Most
of
> the time the messages get through, sometimes one gets stuck.  I have a
> single client pulling the message off.  I can see the message in the
queue
> browser but it wont come off the queue.
>
> thanks
> --

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,