activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Javier Leyba" <xle...@gmail.com>
Subject jdbc persistence limit ?
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:04:13 GMT
Hi

My application defines a broker with a MySQL jdbcPersistenceAdapter
and use durable topics.

I'm trying to make load test so I did a client that simulates 100
clients subscribed to a topic and received the following error:

----------------
Data source rejected establishment of connection,  message from
server: "Too many connections"
	at org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:46)
	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1177)
	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQSession.java:1661)
	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.<init>(ActiveMQMessageConsumer.java:197)
	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQTopicSubscriber.<init>(ActiveMQTopicSubscriber.java:118)
	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createDurableSubscriber(ActiveMQSession.java:1070)
	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createDurableSubscriber(ActiveMQSession.java:1012)
	at com.bs.tester.Worker.run(Worker.java:98)

After a little investigation I discovered my datasource refer to JBoss
pool with 20 max connections and my client connected 20 first
subscribers but rejected with the above error next 80.

Now I wonder to know if it is what I think it is: activemq broker open
a DB connection for each subscriber ?

Thanks in advance

--
Javier Leyba