activemq-users mailing list archives

From masterov <alexei.maste...@us.icap.com>
Subject Re: activemq-cpp missing messages
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:40:10 GMT

Hey,

nmittler wrote:

> Could you write a sample main that illustrates the problem?  Perhaps you
> could put your two consumers and two producers in the same app, but each
> using their own connection?  You could use the AMQCPP concurrent package
> help simplify the threading of the producers.
>
> Also, what is your environment?
> - broker version?
> - OS/compiler?

I am trying to avoid using threads, so specifically don't want to put
consumers and producers in the same process.  Also - it turns out that if
you give enough load to just one consumer and one producer it misses
messages as well.  Here is all you need to simulate a problem.
http://www.nabble.com/file/6018/amq_client.tar.gz amq_client.tar.gz
Just change the Makefile -L to point to location of your libactivemq-cpp.a,
instead of /home/amasterov/lib. Here is the compiler/os info:

> g++ -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: sparc-sun-solaris2.8
Configured with: ../../src/gcc-4.1.1/configure --disable-nls --enable-shared
--enable-threads=posix --enable-languages=c,c++
--prefix=/export/local8/gcc-4.1.1
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.1.1

broker: ActiveMQ 4.1.0-incubator (binary), running on a windows machine.

once it compiles, run 1 ./rcv_process and 1 ./snd_process, or to make things
worse, you can run two ./snd_process 'es with a parameter to send 10000
messages each.  the receiving process will terminate once it receives 20000
messages.

Thanks a lot,
AM