activemq-users mailing list archives

From Nilantha <Nilantha.Jayal...@autodata.net>
Subject Recovering after failure in Master/Slave configuration
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:45:08 GMT

I understand that in a master failure clients automatically fail over to the
slave which becomes the new master. Then we have to manually stop the master
& slave & move the slaves data files over to the master then restart the
master and slave.

If a master goes down due to hardware failure and we want to bring it back
up again on some other machine, take the slave (which is now the master)
down, copy its persistent files to another machine and start the master and
slave back up again.

My question is what happens to the clients during this manual fail over
window if they still trying to send messages? My initial test appears client
threads are being blocked until the broker available. Is this the expected
behavior?

if yes... is there any way we could set a timeout/notify client on whats
happening..?