activemq-users mailing list archives

From Lalit Nagpal <lalitte...@rediffmail.com>
Subject topics - activemq-cpp
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 12:50:21 GMT

Hi

I try to REPLY BACK to a message like this (using getCMSReplyTo and creating
a Topic)

::cms::Topic* topic =
implSession->createTopic(message->getImplMessage()->getCMSReplyTo().c_str());
AMQTopic* replyTempTopic = new
AMQTopic(message->getImplMessage()->getCMSReplyTo().c_str(), false,   topic,
session->getImplSession());

Running a bstat on the command line gave me the stats where I could see some
topics being registered like
Type = Topic
ConsumerCount = 0
Destination = /topic/{FD18E209-E3A8-435C-BF79-DEEAC2B4688B}
BrokerName = localhost
DequeueCount = 0
EnqueueCount = 3

and some topics being registered like
Type = Topic
ConsumerCount = 1
Destination = System.Service.Login
BrokerName = localhost
DequeueCount = 0
EnqueueCount = 3

NOTE:: {FD18E209-E3A8-435C-BF79-DEEAC2B4688B} in the above topic was a
random id generated for a topic - since CMS does not currently support
TemporaryTopics .... we create Topics with a random id like this to make it
behave like a TemporaryTopic

The difference here is that certain topics get started with /topic/ and some
topics do not. This creates a mismatch between the topic names ... The
result is clearly seen in my Enqueue count ... it is 3 ... Messages are not
being dequeued ...

I think this is happening because of the name mismatch when creating the
topics at the receiving end for giving a reply.

The complete output of bstat is attached as a txt - my messages are not
getting dequeued
http://www.nabble.com/file/5924/bstat-output.txt bstat-output.txt

Any suggestion would be really useful.

Thanks