activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From James Adams <james_ad...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQResourceAdapter
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 22:39:56 GMT


James.Strachan wrote:
> 
> On 1/22/07, James Adams <james_adams@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>> Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
>> >
>> > James Adams wrote:
>> >> I'm also in search of this class.  I am using ActiveMQ version 4.1.0,
>> and
>> >> I
>> >> don't see it anywhere in the JAR file Maven pulled down for this
>> >> dependency.
>> >>
>> >> Is there another dependency I should add to my pom.xml in order to get
>> >> the
>> >> right JAR which contains this class?
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> > The JAR is packed in the RAR in lib/optional.  You have to extract it.
>> > Annoying, huh?
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>> I've actually added the following dependency to my pom.xml and it seems
>> to
>> have gotten me over the hump.
>>
>>         <dependency>
>>             <groupId>activemq</groupId>
>>             <artifactId>activemq-ra</artifactId>
>>             <version>4.0.2</version>
>>         </dependency>
> 
> Here's the 4.1.0 from a maven repo...
> 
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache/activemq/activemq-ra/4.1.0-incubator/
> 
> 

Thanks for the help.

Based on the above I added the following to my Maven2 settings.xml:

                <repository>
                    <id>activemq</id>
                   
<url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/</url>
                </repository>

I also modified the ActiveMQ-RA dependency in my pom.xml to the following:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
            <artifactId>activemq-ra</artifactId>
            <version>4.1.0-incubator</version>
        </dependency>

Once I did this I got around the problem of not finding the
ActiveMQResourceAdapter class.  However other bad voodoo ensued, i.e. there
is some sort of transitive dependency problem (resulting in two separate
geronimo-connector JARs) which makes Jencks act up, perhaps caused by a
renamed groupId somewhere.  This is addressed in the Jencks user group here
http://www.nabble.com/Outbound-JMS%3A--NoSuchMethodError%3A-Geronimo%27s-GenericConnectionManager.%3Cinit%3E-tf3060055.html#a8510668

So for now I've gone back to using the ActiveMQ-RA 4.0.2-SNAPSHOT, since
I've been unable to figure out how to configure the correct dependency
exclusion to get around this problem. 


--James
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/ActiveMQResourceAdapter-tf1960773.html#a8511670
Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message