activemq-users mailing list archives

From skimstercg <Stanley.H....@uscg.mil>
Subject Re: Accessing remote AMQ with JConsole.
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 23:10:30 GMT

I've got the exact same problem.  My set up: local box (Windows) with AMQ and
remote box (Red Hat Linux) with AMQ.  Both boxes are running JDK 1.4.2.  I
can use JConsole to monitor my local box but not the remote box.  Another
clue -- I tried using the "list" command in the activemq/bin directory with
the --jmxurl argument.  On local windows box, it works fine to access local
AMQ url but not remote AMQ url.  If I run the list command on Linux box, I
can access both the Windows AMQ url as well as the Linux AMQ url.  So it
appears to be some issue with Windows box connecting outbound to port 1099
on another box.  My Linux admin tells me port 1099 on the Linux box is not
restristed by its firewall in any way.  From windows box I can telnet to
port 1099 on Linux box and I can tell something's there listening. Anyone
have any ideas?