activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul French <paul.fre...@frenchiesystems.com>
Subject Re: Session.DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:49:07 GMT

I have read all this before a while back and thought I had covered
myself........

Let me re-iterate (please correct me if I am wrong)

On the client side for sending messages I use the JmsTemplate, I am okay
since I resuse the same connection and since the messaging is async the cost
of creating a session and producer for each call is minimal.

On the client side for consuming messages I am using the Spring
SimpleMessageListenerContainer (where the same connection is re-used). I
assume under the hood Spring uses the JmsTemplate. What is the cost of
creating a session and consumer on the fly here, I'm not so sure? I suppose
I need to know what is the equivalent of async sending but when consuming
messages?

On the server side for sending messages I use the JmsTemplate, I am okay
since I resuse the same connection and since the messaging is async the cost
of creating a session and producer for each call is minimal.

On the server side for consuming messages I use the JmsTemplate. I resuse
the same connection. I suppose my question is the same as above, What is the
cost of creating a session and consumer on the fly here?

I'll wait on your answers before spectualting on what to do next e.g. Jencks