activemq-users mailing list archives

From Paul French <paul.fre...@frenchiesystems.com>
Subject Session.DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 19:03:24 GMT

ActivemQ 4.1.0

Where do I set Session.DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE this? I'm trying to increase
performance of the messaging layer and I'm going through the performance
guide at
http://devzone.logicblaze.com/site/apache-activemq-performance-tuning-guide.html
http://devzone.logicblaze.com/site/apache-activemq-performance-tuning-guide.html

I can send out a 1000 messages a second no problem but the rest of the
messaging layer is very slow so I need some help here.

My scenario is client creates many messages and sends async to the broker
(one connection, one session). The client also creates a temporary queue to
receive replies on. The client also starts a number of consumers to listen
on the temp queue.

A consumer consumes the messages and then replies by placing a message on
the temporary queue.

My client receives the reply via the temp queue.

I have no need for Quality Of Service or persistence. So far for the cleint
I have set the following properties to improve performance:

  <bean id="connectionFactory"
class="org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory">
    <property name="targetConnectionFactory">
        <property name="brokerURL">

<value>tcp://192.168.160.86:61616?jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=100</value>
        </property>
      </bean>
    </property>
  </bean>

Is optimizeAcknowledge related to Session.DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE?

For the server side I have used the same properties for now:

  <bean id="connectionFactory"
class="org.springframework.jms.connection.SingleConnectionFactory">
    <property name="targetConnectionFactory">
        <property name="brokerURL">

<value>tcp://localhost:61616?jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=100</value>
        </property>
      </bean>
    </property>
  </bean>

The server and broker run on the same machine for this test but will not in
production hence I have not bothered trying to embed the broker in the
server.

Baiscally for this test my client is punching out about 1000 messages and I
want to see how long it takes to get replies. At the moment I am pumping out
about 1000 messages in about 2 seconds but it takes 20 seconds to get the
1000 replies. I am obviously missing something here?? Any pointers would be
great.

I am using a laptop as my client and a big chunky solaris box as my server
all on the same local LAN.