activemq-users mailing list archives

From rousseau <steve.co...@excite.com>
Subject Client-Server comms w. MQ
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 05:46:09 GMT

I have a quick basic question about handling Client-server comms with queues
and topics. If I want to pass data back and forth between processes is it a
more generally accepted practise to:

1) have different queue/topic names for sending and subscribing to messages
on both the client and server side? e.g. server starts subscribing to queue
"client" and send messages on queue "server". Client starts subscribing to
queue "server" and sending messages on queue "client".
or
2) have a single queue/topic for all the messages? eg. both client and
server send and subscribe to a single queue eg. "clientservercomms".

Are there benefits/drawbacks to either approach? Also with approach #2, is
there any built-in way to determine whether messages on the queue originated
from the client or the server?

thx
/Steve