activemq-users mailing list archives

From drvillo <f.viv...@gmail.com>
Subject On message spooling
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 08:55:13 GMT

Hi all

Since I'm not sure when this will come out, and in which form I'm thinking
of implementing
it for my specific application domain. My problem is that certain messages
on a queue cause
a big number of subsequent sends.  I would introduce a consumer which
receives an
aggregated message, store it somewhere and then periodically tries to send
parts of it,
looking at the size of the other queues.
My doubt is how to implement best this try-send logic: it doesn't seem to be
reasonable to
do so within an onMessage(), as I would keep a transaction open for probably
a long time
(hours). But to implement it asynchronously would mean delegating the task
to a further executor
pool...
Basically it all comes down on how to introduce timing within a JMS flow.
Thread.sleep within a message listener doesn't seem a viable option...

Any comment is more than welcome:)
Francesco