activemq-users mailing list archives

From nlif <naa...@dbnet.co.il>
Subject Re: How to Pause/Resume a MessageListener?
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2007 21:32:10 GMT

Since there have been no replies, let me try to elaborate a little about our
issue:

We run in a cluster, and all nodes use Jencks to pull messages from the AMQ
broker. For various reasons, we may need to "disable" specific nodes from
time to time, and then "enable" them later. While a node is disabled, we
don't want it to pull messages from the broker. However, a disabled node is
not a crashed node: it may very well be up and running; just NOT pulling
messages. Therefore, what we need is a way to "pause" the Jencks connectors,
so that they don't pull messages (and, of course, to "resume" them later,
when the node wishes to process messages again).

Does anybody have any ideas on how to implement this? Is there such a
built-in feature in ActiveMQ or Jencks? We'd hate to develop a mechanism
just to find out later, that there is a way to it...

Thanks in advance,
Naaman