activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nilantha Jayalath" <Nilantha.Jayal...@autodata.net>
Subject JDBC persistance in AMQ 4.1.0
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:35:14 GMT
I am testing JDBC persistence with one broker and my
"persistenceAdapter' configuration is as follows,
    <persistenceAdapter>

      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5"  dataSource="#oracle-ds"/>

    </persistenceAdapter>

I have noticed following at one point When I sent some 50000 messages
without consuming.

No of messages in DB( in "ACTIVEMQ_MSGS"): 43764
Total in queue: 51128 (through Jconsole)

After some time all the messages were available in DB. It appears that
broker keeps messages in memory until it close to allowable memory limit
and then flush into the DB(more than 10k some times depend on the
message size ). Is there a way I could force DB persistence without
keeping messages in memory.

My concern is in case of a hardware failure those in memory messages
could be lost?

Thanks in advance for any idea on this. Broker on Win XP Professional

-Nilantha