activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Strange queue size in jconsole?
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:44:56 GMT
Hi all,

I have a application that posts messages to a queue, which a client then
polls messages from regularily. The client polls the queue on average more
often than messages are produced, so normally the qeue should be empty.
The messages that are sent all have a limited time to live (from a couple
of minutes to one hour).

If I leave the application running for a while, and some messages are
obsoleted before the clients have fetched them, the QueueSize attribute
never goes down to zero (when I view the queue in jconsole). Even if I
purge the queue from jconsole the queue size isn't reset to 0. And if I
browse the queue, the jconsole browsing window is empty, implying that
the data isn't there (I believe).

I'm using a default AMQ 4.1 installation (no configuration changes)
and jconsole from jdk 1.5/1.6 (same result on both) on linux.

I suspect that the queue size somehow include the number of obsoleted
messages in the queue? Is this expected behaviour, or is this a bug?

--
Fredrik Jonson