activemq-users mailing list archives

From Philip Southam <psizzle1975-gm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Kaha persistence configuration - Unsatisfied dependency exception
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:05:22 GMT
mar1394 <Martha.D.DeMore@...> writes:

> I am using the 4.1.0 incubator version of ActiveMQ.  I am trying to configure
> Kaha persistence. I have this in activemq.xml:
>
> <persistenceAdapter>
>     <kahaPersistenceAdapter dir="../activemq-data" />
> </persistenceAdapter>
>
> I am running on RedHat Linux. uname -a returns:
> Linux chill.jpl.nasa.gov 2.6.9-11.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri May 20 18:26:27 EDT 2005
> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> When I run activemq I get the exceptions below. It looks to me like the
> KahaPersistenceAdapter class expects its "dir" attribute to be a File
> object, when all that can be sent via XML is a string.
>
> ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /home/mdemore/apache-activemq-4.1.0-incubator
> ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
> with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in class
> path resource [activemq.xml]: Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' while
> setting bean property 'persistenceAdapter'; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
> creating bean with name '(inner bean)#2' defined in class path resource
> [activemq.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor
> argument with index 0 of type [java.io.File]: Could not convert constructor
> argument value [../activemq-data] to required type [java.io.File]: Failed to
> convert value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.io.File];
> nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not retrieve
> File for class path resource [../activemq-data]: class path resource
> [../activemq-data] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
> with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in class
> path resource [activemq.xml]: Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' while
> setting bean property 'persistenceAdapter'; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
> creating bean with name '(inner bean)#2' defined in class path resource
> [activemq.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor
> argument with index 0 of type [java.io.File]: Could not convert constructor
> argument value [../activemq-data] to required type [java.io.File]: Failed to
> convert value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.io.File];
> nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not retrieve
> File for class path resource [../activemq-data]: class path resource
> [../activemq-data] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask
(StartCommand.java:70)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute
(AbstractCommand.java:50)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask
(ShellCommand.java:82)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute
(AbstractCommand.java:50)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:46)
> 	at
> 	at
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:159)
> 	at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:91)
> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
> creating bean with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService'
> defined in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Cannot create inner bean
> '(inner bean)' while setting bean property 'persistenceAdapter'; nested
> exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
> creating bean with name '(inner bean)#2' defined in class path resource
> [activemq.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor
> argument with index 0 of type [java.io.File]: Could not convert constructor
> argument value [../activemq-data] to required type [java.io.File]: Failed to
> convert value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.io.File];
> nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not retrieve
> File for class path resource [../activemq-data]: class path resource
> [../activemq-data] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveIn
nerBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:205)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveVa
lueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:116)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.ap
plyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:955)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.po
pulateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:729)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.cr
eateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:416)
> 	at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:245)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingl
eton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:141)
> 	at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:242)
> 	at
> org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean
(AbstractBeanFactory.java:156)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstant
iateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:290)
> 	at
> org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh
(AbstractApplicationContext.java:348)
> 	at
> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>
(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:161)
> 	at
> org.apache.xbean.spring.context.ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.<init>
(ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.java:51)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerFactory.createBroker
(XBeanBrokerFactory.java:41)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFactory.createBroker(BrokerFactory.java:57)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker
(StartCommand.java:82)
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask
(StartCommand.java:47)
> 	... 10 more
> Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException:
> Error creating bean with name '(inner bean)#2' defined in class path
> resource [activemq.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through
> constructor argument with index 0 of type [java.io.File]: Could not convert
> constructor argument value [../activemq-data] to required type
> [java.io.File]: Failed to convert value of type [java.lang.String] to
> required type [java.io.File]; nested exception is
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not retrieve File for class path
> resource [../activemq-data]: class path resource [../activemq-data] cannot
> be resolved to URL because it does not exist
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.createArgumentArr
ay(ConstructorResolver.java:375)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstruct
or(ConstructorResolver.java:126)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.au
towireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:683)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.cr
eateBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:621)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.cr
eateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveIn
nerBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:198)
> 	... 26 more
> ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
> with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in class
> path resource [activemq.xml]: Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' while
> setting bean property 'persistenceAdapter'; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
> creating bean with name '(inner bean)#2' defined in class path resource
> [activemq.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor
> argument with index 0 of type [java.io.File]: Could not convert constructor
> argument value [../activemq-data] to required type [java.io.File]: Failed to
> convert value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.io.File];
> nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not retrieve
> File for class path resource [../activemq-data]: class path resource
> [../activemq-data] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
> java.lang.Exception:
> with name 'org.apache.activemq.xbean.XBeanBrokerService' defined in class
> path resource [activemq.xml]: Cannot create inner bean '(inner bean)' while
> setting bean property 'persistenceAdapter'; nested exception is
> org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error
> creating bean with name '(inner bean)#2' defined in class path resource
> [activemq.xml]: Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor
> argument with index 0 of type [java.io.File]: Could not convert constructor
> argument value [../activemq-data] to required type [java.io.File]: Failed to
> convert value of type [java.lang.String] to required type [java.io.File];
> nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not retrieve
> File for class path resource [../activemq-data]: class path resource
> [../activemq-data] cannot be resolved to URL because it does not exist
> 	at
> org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask
(StartCommand.java:71)
> [...]
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstruct
or(ConstructorResolver.java:126)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.au
towireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:683)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.cr
eateBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:621)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.cr
eateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
> 	at

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveIn
nerBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:198)

I'm currently using the following in my conf/activemq.xml and it works fine.

    <persistenceAdapter>
      <kahaPersistenceAdapter dir="${activemq.base}/activemq-data" />
    </persistenceAdapter>

Cheers,
Philip