activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: uncommitted transactions preventing queue processing
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 15:23:56 GMT
On 8 Dec 2006 09:40:33 -0500, Chase Seibert <chase@bullhorn.com> wrote:

> The suggestion I'm leaning twoards is to simply spawn many consumer threads so that if
some go into a "waiting" state for a redelivery, the over-all queue will keep processing.
However, I see some problems with this model that I'm not sure how to solve. Namely, I'm not
sure how to create multiple consumers with sessionTransacted = true.

Create a session and consumer pair for each 'thread'. i.e. lots of
session & consumer pairs. A single JMS session represents a single
'thread' irrespective of how many consumers it has - so you get no
concurrency within a single JMS session.

> The deeper I go down that path, the more it seems like ActiveMQ is not the right tool
for the job. Either that, or I'm not understanding something; which is entirely possible.

I think its the latter :). ActiveMQ and JMS are totally designed for
massively concurrent and distributed transactional consuming and
producing of messages.

--

James
-------