activemq-users mailing list archives

From John Heitmann <>
Subject Re: Strange queue size in jconsole?
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:35:50 GMT

On Dec 20, 2006, at 4:44 AM, Fredrik Jonson wrote:

> I suspect that the queue size somehow include the number of obsoleted
> messages in the queue? Is this expected behaviour, or is this a bug?

It's both. There's a todo in the code to properly update the queue
size stat when a message expires. For most stats ActiveMQ doesn't
directly query for the information (for example there's nothing like
persistenceAdapter.getQueueSize("my.queue") currently), rather it
keeps running counters that change based on various events. This
unfortunately means that stats can disagree with reality when there
are bugs or gaps in the implementation. This of course should be
pretty rare.

It looks like someone filed a Jira on this a few months ago: http://

View raw message