activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with STOMP C++ Client connecting with a AMQ Broker having Authorization and Authentication Plugins installed
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 13:07:29 GMT
Sorry that I haven't gotten back to you - I've had a full plate the last
couple of weeks.  Unfortunately, I don't have the time right now to work on
this, so if you want to take a look that would be great!  So here's where I
posted the patch of the changes I made to the broker for the first
go-around: http://people.apache.org/~nmittler/patch.txt.  This would be a
good place to start.  If you're not familiar with how subversion patches
work, it's pretty simple ... just a diff file.  Check out this link and
search for "svn diff" http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html

The connected response message is sent from from ProtocolConverter.java (
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/transport/stomp/ProtocolConverter.java
)

The ProtocolConverter is down in the stomp transport.  When it receives a
connect request, it repackages it into an ActiveMQ command and then forwards
it up to the ActiveMQ broker which bubbles the request to
TransportConnection.service().  This is where I had added code to handle the
security exception.

TransportConnector can be found here
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/TransportConnection.java

Take a look and see if you can figure out a good solution.  If you're
willing, we always welcome patches! :)

Thanks,
Nate

On 12/2/06, aditya_c <ac@juventustech.com> wrote:

> Hi Nate,
>
> Just following up on Brian's [bhartsb] post below.
>
> Would you be having some time to fix the build so that the "Broker sends
> an
> ERROR msg and disconnects, instead  of sending a CONNECTED message first
> and
> subsequently an ERROR in case a Client tries to connect using the wrong
> credentials"?
>
> We are stuck at this point with our development and would be grateful if
> you
> could help us out here.
>
> Alternatively if you are not able to find time now, could you guide me as
> where would I need to make the changes in the source code, so that I could
> try and patch it.
>
> Hoping for a reply.
>
> Regards
>
> Aditya Choudhuri
>

> bhartsb wrote:
> >
> > Hi Nate,
> >
> > Thanks for making the changes.  However, it is still not quite working
> > 100% as it should.  Right now when a connection is created using invalid
> > credentials, the broker is sending back a CONNECTED msg first and then
> an
> > ERROR msg.  The correct behaviour should be to send an ERROR msg and
> > disconnect.  Not send CONNECTED first.
> >
> > THis was also discussed in another thread and the behaviour agreed on
> was
> > as I describe:
> >

> http://www.nabble.com/Proper-behavior-for-client-authorization-failure-tf2497200.html
> >
> > Hopefully you can send another JAR soon.
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > nmittler wrote:
> >>
> >> BTW, can you guys point me to the JIRA issue that has been created for
> >> this?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Nate

> http://people.apache.org/%7Enmittler/>
> apache-activemq-4.2-incubator-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz

> http://people.apache.org/%7Enmittler/apache-activemq-4.2-incubator-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz
> >.

> JIRA

> me.