activemq-users mailing list archives

From activemqer <>
Subject network of brokers
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:32:38 GMT

I'm trying to cluster two brokers on two separate machines. I'd like to post
messages to broker A and the messages to flow to broker B so I have two
brokers with same set of messages. I'd like this to be able to failover from
one broker to the other in case of an outage.
The problem is I don't see the messages flow between the two brokers, they
stay in the broker A's persistant storage. I found in the documentation that
there is a way to enforce the message flow with the dynamicOnly set to false
but it did not make any difference. Am I missing anything?

I have the following network connectors configured:
* on host A:
<networkConnector name="A and B" uri="static://(tcp://B:61616)"
failover="true" dynamicOnly="false" networkTTL="10"/>

* on host B:
<networkConnector name="A and B" uri="static://(tcp://A:61616)"
failover="true" dynamicOnly="false" networkTTL="10"/>

One more detail, if it helps, when I'm posting messages to the queue, there
are no listeners on either broker.