activemq-users mailing list archives

From Sagi Mann <sagim...@gmail.com>
Subject Reliable request/response
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:21:35 GMT

Hi,
>From the reliability discussions of JMS, I was still unable to figure out
how to implement the following using ActiveMQ:

A client (producer) simultaneously instructs 10 servers (consumers) to
perform some work by sending a message to each server's message queue. Now,
the client needs some sort of confirmation: either a certain server
completed the work -OR- some message did not reach the server and expired.
Needsless to say these confirmations are handled asynchronously.

Does JMS/ActiveMQ provide some acknowledgement of these events? (afaik,
session acknowledgement mode does not reach the sender). I know I can
implement some temp queue for the replies, but that won't notify me of
expired messages!

thanks...