activemq-users mailing list archives

From Anthrope ...@anthrope.com>
Subject Consumer OutOfMemory
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 19:04:45 GMT

Hello,
         I've run into a pretty serious issue with ActiveMQ 4.1 I'm trying
to read from a queue that has 175000 messages (each of which are about 10k
in size). I'm using a java heap specification of  -Xms512m -Xmx512m. I get a
Java heap space exception trying to read from this queue. I'm using the
vanilla consumer example provided in the ActiveMQ/example directory, with
durable set to true. This is the connection url I am using:

failover:(tcp://host1:5616,tcp://host2:5616)?randomize=false&initialReconectDelay=0&jms.prefetchPolicy.all=10

I thought it was an issue with the prefetch policy, so I set it to 10 for
all destinations, but that seems to have no effect at all. Any ideas how
this might be fixed? This is a really critical issue for us at the moment,
so any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Prashanth