activemq-users mailing list archives

From fancellu <d...@felstar.com>
Subject Re: useCompression seems to make no difference
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:27:16 GMT

No idea what you mean.

What does useCompression do?

Totally seperate from this I can simply gzip down, send then reassemble at
the other end, but
then what does useCompression achieve?

Linked to the above, as in my groupSequence=-1 message, how do I know when
the stream messages
have come to an end?

e.g. I get lots of 64k messages, already compressed by the sending
GZIPOutputStream,
so save them down to disk on the consumer, and when the stream is finished I
then need to ungzip
the resulting file, but I don't know when the stream has finished as the
groupSequence=-1 comes before
the last message!

Dino.