activemq-users mailing list archives

From ccollins <sque...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP POSTs required to be in xml format?
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:53:10 GMT

ccollins wrote:

> I'm trying to do some simple tests with the activemq REST API, but I get
> the following message whenever I send an http post: "only whitespace
> content allowed before start tag and not m (position: START_DOCUMENT seen
> m... @1:1)".  I interpreted this to mean that my post data was not xml.
> Can ActiveMQ only accept posts that are in xml format?

First, an HTTP HEAD command has to be sent to the server.  The ClientID
specified in this HEAD's header is then "approved" to send GETs and POSTs.

The first GET that I send from an approved client ID yields a response
containing a BrokerInfo object.  Subsequent GET requests yield nothing, even
when I know there are messages in the specified queue.

Sending a POST from an approved client ID in "openwire format" yields an
HTTP OK response, but the message does not appear to actually get accepted.

I've resigned to the belief that the REST API does not work for non-JMS
clients (e.g., telnet) due to the behavior described above.  If anyone has
been able to get this to work, I would be happy to hear any suggestions.

Thank you.