activemq-users mailing list archives

From tryma <trym.asser...@creuna.no>
Subject ActiveMQ broker connection on Oracle
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 13:44:22 GMT

Hi,

We have an issue with ActiveMQ brokers not managing to acquire Master Lock
on their database. We currently have three environments; production, testing
and development.

All of these environments share the same Oracle instance, but each have
their own user account and their own tables. In each environment we have two
servers, each with an instance of ActiveMQ, i.e. every environment runs two
brokers against the same tablespace with ActiveMQ tables. In isolation, on
the production environment, starting the first broker, we acquire the Master
lock on the database whereas the second broker becomes a slave while waiting
to acquire the Master Lock.

However, as we attempt to start the brokers (whether master or slave) on the
testing and development environment, none of these four brokers ever manage
to acquire a Master lock on their respective database.

I can probably post the XML configuration file later, but initially I just
wanted to check if there's a problem with running these three environments
on the same Oracle instance, albeit with separate user accounts who have
access to separate table(spaces)? Does for instance the acquisition of a
Master Lock on a database happen on a per-Oracle instance level, or
something similar to this?

Hopefully I made myself clear about the situation, grateful for any help you
may provide!

Br,
Trym A