activemq-users mailing list archives

From sileshi <sileshika...@yahoo.com>
Subject AMQ Extension to Stomp: create temp queue
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:40:07 GMT

I have used the Perl Net-Stomp-0.32 as wireprotocol to AMQ to build on top an
RPC and Pubsub Notification system. So far it has been very successful. A
Perl Client and Java Server working
very well.

The only thing so far missing on Stomp/AMQ side is support for creating a
temp queue which
I need for RPC reply. On Java side JMS provides it and gets cleaned
automatically, but the
Stomp side, I'm forced to create a regular queue. For RPC case, this reply
queue is a unique
queue name and only used for duration an RPC call. This  is creating a lot
of queues on
AMQ and consumes resource.

I have raised the temp queue AMQ extension to Stomp before, but I have not
seen any
acitivity. This is very critical. I have even proposed Stomp protocol
change, but the
Stomp protocol user group wants to keep Stomp generic and suggested
extending it
is a better way to go which I totally agree.

I appreciate the AMQ development group comment on the subject matter.

-Sileshi Kassa