activemq-users mailing list archives

From Avinash <avian...@gmail.com>
Subject Exact symantics of creating queues
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:28:21 GMT

Hi All,

We have an AMQ Broker [4.2. incubator SNAPSHOT] running as a standalone java
application.

When we are connecting the AMQ Broker and trying to creating queues, we
followed the following scenario.

[1]  Clients connects to AMQ Broker by passing proper credentials.
[2]  After successful connection client will create a queue.

When creating queues various methods are used as follows:
[1]   Create queue by passing the queuename to session object as :
session.createQueue(queuename);
[2]   Create a queue by creating an instance of ActiveMQQueue as :
                 ActiveMQQueue queue = new ActiveMQQueue(queuename);
[3]   Create a queue by creating an instance of ActiveMQQueue and pass it as
an parameter to message producer
       as :
                MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer(new
ActiveMQQueue(queuename));
[4]   Create a queue by creating an instance of ActiveMQQueue and pass it as
an parameter to message consumer
       as :
                MessageConsumer consumer = session.createConsumerr(new
ActiveMQQueue(queuename));

While in first three[1,2,3] cases no exception is generated at both the
sides, but the queues are not created. In case [4] when tried to create the
queue by passing an instance of ActiveMQQueue to the consumer, the queues
are getting created at AMQ Broker.

My question is exactly which symantics is required to follow while creating
the queues?

Thanks in advance.

Avinash