activemq-users mailing list archives

From JaredM <emru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance/usage guidelines?
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 10:14:49 GMT

James.Strachan wrote:

> If you want to implement a chat service then you might wanna consider
> Jabber. However using ActiveMQ as a chat server is fine too.
>
> I'd use a topic for each chat room and each client should create one
> (or more) temporary queues for folks to talk to directly to them.

Hi James,

Many thanks for the response.  I don't want to really build a chat server,
if I did I would definitely use Jabber :).  However, for my example it
seemed like an easy one to describe.

What practical limitations should I expect when creating a topic for each
chat? Say there are 10,000 (or 100k or 1m?) chat rooms?