activemq-users mailing list archives

From Anthrope ...@anthrope.com>
Subject JDBC Master Slave
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2006 06:06:51 GMT

Hello,
    I'm using version 4.1 and am trying to get a fairly straightforward jdbc
master-slave setup going. I'm using a minimal configuration, with the
default JDBC persistence adaptor, as specified in this example:
http://www.activemq.org/site/jdbc-master-slave.html .  I start the master
instance first, and attempt to start the slave with the *same* configuration
file. The slave fails to start, because it attempts to create the derby
database as well.

     Now, the documentation states this: in regard to JDBC master slave
configuration: "By default if you use the <jdbcPersistenceAdapter/> to avoid
the high performance journal you will be using JDBC Master Slave by default.
You just need to run more than one broker and point the client side URIs to
them to get master/slave."

     The behaviour I see is not quite consistent with this. I am not able to
start more than one broker, which is the master. Am I missing something
here? And, has anyone got this to work? I am attaching the broker
configuration file, which is a verbatim cut and paste of the xml
configuration file in the JDBC master slave example.

http://www.nabble.com/file/4543/m.xml m.xml

Regards,
Prashanth