activemq-users mailing list archives

From "alexandre.correa" <>
Subject Oracle JDBC persistence
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 19:30:24 GMT

Hi folks,

I'm trying to use ActiveMQ 4.1.0 with Oracle 10 as the database persistence.
The problem I'm facing is that ActiveMQ starts to create a lot of
connections to oracle, that are never closed. I've tryed to follow the
instructions made in this thread
but it didn't work.

The funny thing is that even if I don't send or receive any message to/from
ActiveMQ, it keeps creating connections. Below are the configuration I'm

       <!-- Configuracao utilizando Oracle datasource sem Journaling -->
       <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#oracle-ds"
statements="#broker-statements" adapter="#db-adapter">
  <bean id="broker-statements"

  <bean id="db-adapter"
    <property name="batchStatments" value="false" />

  <bean id="oracle-ds" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
    <property name="driverClassName"
    <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:oci:@bioteste"/>
    <property name="username" value="jms"/>
    <property name="password" value="aloracle"/>
    <property name="poolPreparedStatements" value="true"/>
    <property name="initialSize" value="5" />
    <property name="maxActive" value="10" />
    <property name="maxIdle" value="5" />

Someone has a hint about what I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance,