activemq-users mailing list archives

From OLF <o...@afrika-virus.de>
Subject Re: Starting ActiveMQ: brokerName not set?
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 13:05:57 GMT

Marlon Santos wrote:

> gabriel kastenbaum wrote:
>>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I am trying to start a network of brokers. I would like to set the
>> "brokerName"
>> by the script that starts the broker with the propertie
>> -Dactivemq.brokerName=$HOSTNAME
>>
>> and in activemq.xml
>>
>> <broker ... brokerName="${activemq.brokerName}">
>>
>> The point is  that the brokerName is not set - or seems to be "not set".
>> I have the following message in the logs: WARN
>> multicast.MulticastDiscoveryAgent <BrokerName is not set>
>>

>> In fact even if I hard code a name in the configuration
>> <broker brokerName="myHostName">
>>
>> I have the same message.
>> Do I have to take into account the WARN message?
>>
>> y the way: Is the brokerName mandatory with a network of brokers working
>> with multicast?
>>

> HI!
>
> Have you tried using defaultBroker as the brokername instead of the
> ${activemq.brokerName} u were using?
>
> hope that helps...

Hi,

I got the same warning. The warning is generated by the discoveryagent, when
the connector ist started.
The discoveryagent is newly created, if it does not exist. The brokerName
property of the discoveryagent
is not set yet. The discoveryagent is started then and prints the warning.

I think this is a bug, because if the agent is created from scratch, it
should be supplied with the brokername property of the connector for which
it is created.