activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bish, Tim" <Tim.B...@Sensis.com>
Subject RE: two basic questions
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:14:25 GMT

transportConnectors:

>        <transportConnector name="default" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
> discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
>        <transportConnector name="stomp"
uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>

Yes, you need a transport connector for each protocol that you want the
broker to support.

> In the java producer example, I had to use:
>
> java ProducerTool tcp://localhost:61616  <-working
>

> java ProducerTool stomp://localhost:61613 <-NOT working

There is no Stomp support in the Java client as it uses the default
Openwire Protocol to talk, so this is not going to work.

> As I understand, ActiveMQ uses stomp over tcp to communicate between
> client and broker.

It uses stomp when configured to do so, Stomp is a simple protocol meant
for native clients such as Perl, Ruby etc.

> Can anyone give more detail on this? As matter of fact, the
> activemq-cpp example has to use "tcp://127.0.0.1:61613" to work.

Currently activemq-cpp only talks stomp, eventually we will get openwire
support in there and then the url might change to be something like
"stomp://127.0.0.1:61613" if you wanted to use the older stomp protocol.