activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Bish, Tim" <Tim.B...@Sensis.com>
Subject RE: activemq-cpp (cms - STOMP) using CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:48:38 GMT

> Hi-
>
> Can somebody help me with the following queries
>
> Q1. Can somebody tell me how I can acknowledge at the consumer end
once I
> have set the acknowledge mode to CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE. If I do not
> acknowledge
> a message at the consumer end what would be the behaviour.

You ack a message in CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE mode by calling cms::Message
acknowledge as you would in the java sdk.

> Q2. For CMS-cpp-Stomp does the value set in consumer->setTimeToLive()
> override the value of message->setExpiration()

in the 1.0 release there is a bug in the code in which
consumer->setTimeToLive() doesn't work properly, you can get around this
by setting the CMSTimestamp and CMSExpiration values yourself, if you
search back through messages on this list you will see discussion on
this.

There is already an issue written for it here:
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQCPP-14

> Q3. When is the release coming up for activemq-cpp :) ..... 1.0 ... :)

Its been out for awhile.  You can find the download link here:
http://www.activemq.org/site/activemq-c-clients.html