activemq-users mailing list archives

From John Heitmann <third_...@mac.com>
Subject Configuring log4j in 4.1
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:23:56 GMT
After upgrading our systems from 4.0 to 4.1 I am having a tough time
figuring out how to configure log4j. Our old system had a
log4j.properties file in a custom spot that we had ActiveMQ pull in
with "--extdir /some/config/dir". This doesn't seem to be working
anymore. ActiveMQ can't find the properties file on the classpath
when it's not in the standard spot. Any idea on what could be going
wrong? You can reproduce this by-- in the binary distribution--
moving conf/log4j.properties to config/log4j.properties, and then
play around with the -classpath and --extdir settings. None seem to
work.

I dug into the code a bit and saw this new check in the activemq-
console class loader:

if( files[j].getName().endsWith(".zip") || files[j].getName().endsWith
(".jar")  ){
     try{
         System.out.println("Adding to classpath: " + files
[j].getCanonicalPath()); }catch(Exception e){}
         urls.add(files[j].toURL());
      }
}

When I add ".properties" to the conditional I can see the printout
saying the properties file is added, however when I query the class
loader later in one of our custom beans running alongside the broker
it can't get the "log4j.properties" resource. This problem is
probably related.

I should be able to eventually hunt this down, but was hoping someone
had a quick answer.

Thanks,

John