activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Yong Liu" <yong...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: activemq 4.0.1 on 64-bit AMD machine with 64-bit jdk5: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:50:05 GMT
Hi James,

Thanks for such prompt reply. I have used -Xmx512M for the JVM. And
from the jconsole, usually when in the normal day, the activemq only
uses 50MB.

So how large is enough? BTW: we only use non-durable JMS topic, not
queue. And other configurations are by default except the first one:
  <!--  Use the following to set the broker memory limit (in bytes)
    <memoryManager>
        <usageManager id="memory-manager" limit="1048576"/>
    </memoryManager>

We try to identify whether this OOM issue is because buggy client
code, or the broker configuration.

Any more suggestions?

-Yong