activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ali Sadik Kumlali <as_kuml...@yahoo.com>
Subject How can I enable principle and credentials for embedded broker?
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:44:08 GMT
Hi folks,

I've been walking through the documentation, mailing list and Google for a while but couldn't
get a solution to my problem.

I need to;
1) Use embedded broker
2) Access initial context by providing username(SECURITY_PRINCIPAL) and password(SECURITY__CREDENTIALS)
3) Create connections by providing username and password

For standalone case, I managed to do 3) by following the instructions[1]. But couldn't find
a way for 2) either.

Here is the code snippet:

// Server initialization
BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
broker.addConnector("tcp://localhost:61616");
broker.start();

// Client initialization
Properties props = new Properties();
props.setProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory");
props.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"tcp://localhost:61616");
props.setProperty(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, "contextUser");
props.setProperty(Context.SECURITY__CREDENTIALS, "contextPassword");

Context jndiContext = new InitialContext(props);
Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection("connUser", "connPassword");

Now, how can I configure embedded broker to make it require contextUser, contextPassword,
connUser and connPassword?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ali Sadik Kumlali