activemq-users mailing list archives

From Simon Wistow <si...@thegestalt.org>
Subject Zeroconf Network of Embedded Brokers
Date Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:35:33 GMT
I'm currently writing an app which is designed to work in a cluster.

Currently I'm using a standalone broker but, for ease of deployment, I
was pondering about embedding a broker in each app which would
communicate with other apps running on other machines.

Is this a sane thing to do? Are there any gotchas or drawbacks to this
approach?

Is there any example code for doing embedded brokers? Something like
this?

	BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();

	// configure the broker
	broker.addConnector("multicast://my_unique_name");

	broker.start();