activemq-users mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ and Flash
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:09:16 GMT
On 11/27/06, Ramesh N <ramesh.nuthalapati@catalytic.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get messages from a queue (which i created as outbound) thru
> flash. At flash end im creating an XMLSocket object and try to listen to
> tcp://localhost:61616 well this basically listens to the acitvemq.
>
> I saw connectivity to almost all the lang...but not to flash.
>
> how to i get the queue connection here..is there any plugin available ??
>
> Please send me ur suggestions.

We've not got a Flash connector yet - but it should be pretty easy to
create one.

We've got support for

Ajax
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/ajax.html

XMPP
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/xmpp.html

Stomp
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/stomp.html

REST
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/rest.html

so one of those could help.

If you can easily open a socket from Flash then it should be very easy
to create a Flash based Stomp client as the protocol is very simple...

http://stomp.codehaus.org/Protocol

So thats my recommendation going forward - either that or try use the
Ajax/XMPP support maybe?

--

James
-------